Skip to main content
The University and the City
University-Led Innovation in and for Peripheral Urban Areas: New Approaches in Naples, Italy and Newark, NJ, US
- Jean-Paul D. Addie, Mariarosalba Angrisani, and Stefano De Falco. European Planning Studies 26(6), June 2018, pp. 1181–1201
- "This paper focuses on the spatial development problem of university-led innovation in peripheral urban areas...A comparative investigation of Naples and Newark, NJ captures the functional operation of regional innovation and urban development as a contested product of discourses, technologies (material and governance), and territorial arrangements." [Due to publisher embargo, not available online until 18 months after publication.]
Into the 21st Century
- Creating New Image for Newark: A Visitor Center as Embodiment of Urban Change.
- Dan Madryga. Competitions 20(2), Summer 2010, pp.26-33.
- Final Report.
- Newark in the 21st Century Task Force. Newark, N.J., 2000. Available?
- Council for Higher Education in Newark: Economic Impact Report.
- Submitted by the Roper Group in association with A.Ilan Consulting. July 2001.
- The four members of the Council for Higher Education in Newark (CHEN), Rutgers University-Newark, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, and Essex Community College, account for 9 percent of all employment in Newark. Examines the direct and indirect economic impact of higher education on Newark and New Jersey, as well as CHEN contributions to community development.
- Destination: Newark, Year 2011.
- Proceedings of the Mayor's Summit on the Development of University/Business Partnerships, December 12, 2001.
- "The papers collected in this volume were originally prepared for a conference on Newark's economic development sponsored by the Council for Higher Education in Newark, a longstanding alliance of the four public higher education institutions of Newark's University Heights district. They illustrate the crucial role of higher education and research in Newark's continuing revitalization."
- Destination: Newark, Year 2013.
- Proceedings of the 2nd CHEN Summit on the Development of University/Business Partnerships, March 20, 2003.
- "Revitalization: Newark's Tale of Two Cities,"
- Navdeep Mathur. New Jersey Reporter April 2002. Available?
- Urban Revitalization and Participatory Governance: A Discursive Analysis of Policy Deliberation in Newark Rutgers-restricted access
- Navdeep Mathur. Ph.D. Thesis, Rutgers University, Newark, 2005.
- "This study situates the Newark experience within a competing set of policy discourses i.e. policy institutions, developmental processes and political practices to analyze how powerful public and private actors play a dominant role in this 'Revitalization', while effectively excluding the voices and involvement of communities of residents impacted by it." Available?
- The Road Home: A Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness in Newark and Essex County (2010 – 2020)
- Design to Connect: Complete Connectivity in the Ironbound
- Mark D. Hoopes. (M.L.A. Thesis)Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2018.
- "Communities that connect with one another and their landscape become functional and strong, enabling them to act together to achieve common goals. This paper explores how landscape design can reinforce this type of connectivity in the Ironbound neighborhood of Newark, NJ."
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies