Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- "The City and the Church: Catholic Beginnings in Newark, 1840-1870,"
- Raymond M. Ralph. New Jersey History 96(3/4), 1978, 105-118.
- In the mid-19th century Catholics, primarily Irish and German immigrants, constituted one of Newark's largest religious groups. Available?
- "Measuring Ethnic Clustering and Exposure with the Q Statistic: An Exploratory Analysis of Irish, Germans, and Yankees in 1880 Newark"
- Antonio Paez et al. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 102(1), January 2012, 84-102. Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Irish in Newark and New Jersey: Exhibition at the Newark Public Library
- Exhibition catalog. Includes an essay by Dermot Quinn on the Irish in Newark and New Jersey prepared for the exhibit held at the Newark Public Library March 14-May 19, 2007, and the exhibit bibliography.
- Interviews conducted in October 1939 in Newark. From America, the Dream of My Life: Selections From the Federal Writers' Project's New Jersey Ethnic Survey. David Steven Cohen, ed., New Brunswick, N.J., Rutgers University Press, 1990, pp. 31-53. Available?
- An Irish Immigrant Living in Newark
- Brief 1939 interview with a 63 year old Irish woman who came to Newark as a child.
- "Irish Immigrants Suffered Before They Ruled in the City"
- Charles F. Cummings. Newark Star-Ledger, October 19, 2000.
- McGovern's: A Newark Legend.
- Victor Dupras. Tinton Falls, N.J., Alliance Publishing, 2005. Available?
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies