Skip to main content
The 1930s through the 1950s
- Newark's School Building Problem: An Analysis of the Factors Underlying the Proposed $2,000,000 School Building Program to be Submitted to Referendum November 2, 1937
- Newark, N.J., Municipal Research Bureau, 1937. Available?
- "The Uses of French by Graduates of Barringer High School, Newark, New Jersey,"
- Eleanor H. Carleu. Modern Language Journal 25(3), December 1940, 199-210.
- Survey of Barringer graduates who had studied French. Found that "French can help to fulfill one of our seven cardinal principles of education, that of 'worthy use of leisure time.'" In addition to the tables relating to the use of French, has an interesting breakdown of respondents according to occupation.Rutgers-restricted Access
- Report of a Survey of the Public Schools of Newark, New Jersey.
- Columbia University. Teachers College. Institute of Educational Research. Division of Field Studies. New York, 1942. Available?
- Case Study of the Peshine Avenue School, Newark, New Jersey.
- Zelda Girion Katz. Thesis (M.S.E.), New Jersey State Teachers College at Newark, 1956. Available?
- New Jersey Dreaming: Capital, Culture, and the Class of '58.
- Sherry B. Ortner. Durham, N.C., Duke University Press, 2003.
- In-depth look at Newark's Weequahic High School class of 1958. Available?
, Course Guides (Newark)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies