Skip to main content
Germans in Newark
- The Early Germans of New Jersey: Their History, Churches, and Genealogies.
- Theodore Frelinghuysen Chambers. Dover, N.J., Dover Printing Company, 1895. Available?
- "The Germans in Newark,"
- William Von Katzler. IN Urquhart, Frank J. A History of the City of Newark, New Jersey Embracing Practically
Two and a Half Centuries 1666-1913. New York, Lewis Historical Publishing, 1913. Vol.2, pp. 1021-1125. Available?
- "Immigrant Workers, 'Equal Rights,' and Anti-Slavery: The Germans of Newark, New Jersey,"
- Bruce C. Levine. Labor History 25(1), 1984, 26-52.
- German immigrant workers in Newark took the lead in opposing the proslavery Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854. Rutgers-restricted Access
- "The City and the Church: Catholic Beginnings in Newark, 1840-1870,"
- Raymond M. Ralph. New Jersey History 96(3/4), 1978, 105-118.
- In the mid-19th century Catholics, primarily Irish and German immigrants, constituted one of Newark's largest religious groups. Available?
- "Measuring Ethnic Clustering and Exposure with the Q Statistic: An Exploratory Analysis of Irish, Germans, and Yankees in 1880 Newark"
- Antonio Paez et al. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 102(1), January 2012, 84-102. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Souvenir der DIogenes Loge No. 22, F. & A.M. : Zum Fünfzigjährigen Jubiläum : 1851-1901.
- Newark, 1901. Available?
- Souvenir. M.G.V. Aurora Fest-Konzert zur Feier des Golden Jubilaeums, Freitag, 11. April 1902, Krueger Auditorium, Newark, New Jersey.
- Newark, Heinz Printing Co, 1902.
- The Maenner-Gesang-Verein Aurora choral society. Available?
- Fest-Schrift zum Goldenen Jubilaeum des Maennergesang-Vereins Arion in Newark, N.J.
- Newark, N.J., Arion Singing Society, 1909. Available?
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies