Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Fire Insurance Maps from the Sanborn Map Company Archives : Late 19th century to 1990, New Jersey [microform]Bethesda, MD : University Publications of America, c1992. Includes detailed maps of Newark for 1968 (Reel 15), 1973 (Reels 14, 15, and 16), 1987 (Reel 15), 1988 (Reels 15 and 16), and 1989 (Reel 14).Alex: Microfilm 2754
Into the 70s
- "Profile of a Ghetto"
- George W. Groh. IN The Black Migration: The Journey to Urban America. New York, Weybright and Talley, 1972. Chapter 8, pp.157-248. Available?
- "Breakdown in Newark"
- Thomas R. Brooks. Dissent 19(1), Winter 1972, 128-137. Reprinted in: The World of the Blue-Collar Worker. Edited by Irving Howe. New York, Quadrangle Books, 1972, pp. 105-119.
- Dana Call Number: Periodical, Shelved by Title/NEWARK HD8072 .H88 1972 Available?
- From Riot to Recovery : Newark After Ten Years
- Compiled and edited by Stanley B. Winters. Washington : University Press of America, c1979. Available?
- "Large-Scale Urban Riots and Residential Segregation: A Case Study of the 1960s U.S. Riots"
- Noli Brazil. Demography 53(2), April 2016, 567-595.
- Uses 1960s U.S. race riot data to investigate trends in black residential segregation levels following large-scale riot activity in seven major U.S. cities, including Newark. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies