Skip to main content
New Jersey Center for the Performing Arts
- "Artists and Urban Redevelopment,"
- David B. Cole. Geographical Review 77(4), October 1987, 391-407.
- Study of the role of artists in changing landuse patterns in Hoboken, Jersey City, and Newark. Rutgers-restricted Access
- "Newark and the Performing Arts,"
- Marilyn Taylor IN The Inner City: A Handbook for Renewal. Edited by Roger L. Kemp. Jefferson, North Carolina, McFarland & Company, 2001. pp. 295-301.
- Originally published as "Newark Turns the Corner," Urban Land 57(2), 1998. Available?
- Cultural Policy as Development Policy: Evidence from the United States.
- Elizabeth Strom. Newark, N.J., Cornwall Center for Metropolitan Studies, June 2002.
- Looks at changes in U.S. cultural policies and projects which have been reframed to emphasize their economic benefits to cities. Focues on Newark, Philadelphia, and Seattle.
- "Let's Put on a Show! Performing Arts and Urban Revitalization in Newark, New Jersey,"
- Elizabeth Strom. Journal of Urban Affairs 21(4), 1999, 423-35.
- The development and impact of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Arts & Economic Prosperity III: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences in the City of Newark, NJ.
- Americans for the Arts, 2007.
- Part of a economic impact study conducted in 156 U.S. communities and regions. Summary Findings [Table]
- Arts & Economic Prosperity IV: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences: 2010
- Americans for the Arts, 2012.
- Summary data for 182 participating regions including Newark.
- Arts & Economic Prosperity V: Economic Impact of the Nonprofit Arts & Culture Industry: 2015
- Americans for the Arts, 2017.
- Summary data for 341 participating regions including Newark.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies