Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Jersey Center for the Performing Arts
- "Artists and Urban Redevelopment,"
- David B. Cole. Geographical Review 77(4), October 1987, 391-407.
- Study of the role of artists in changing landuse patterns in Hoboken, Jersey City, and Newark. Rutgers-restricted Access
- "Newark and the Performing Arts,"
- Marilyn Taylor IN The Inner City: A Handbook for Renewal. Edited by Roger L. Kemp. Jefferson, North Carolina, McFarland & Company, 2001. pp. 295-301.
- Originally published as "Newark Turns the Corner," Urban Land 57(2), 1998. Available?
- Cultural Policy as Development Policy: Evidence from the United States.
- Elizabeth Strom. Newark, N.J., Cornwall Center for Metropolitan Studies, June 2002.
- Looks at changes in U.S. cultural policies and projects which have been reframed to emphasize their economic benefits to cities. Focues on Newark, Philadelphia, and Seattle.
- "Let's Put on a Show! Performing Arts and Urban Revitalization in Newark, New Jersey,"
- Elizabeth Strom. Journal of Urban Affairs 21(4), 1999, 423-35.
- The development and impact of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Arts & Economic Prosperity III: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences in the City of Newark, NJ.
- Americans for the Arts, 2007.
- Part of a economic impact study conducted in 156 U.S. communities and regions. Summary Findings [Table]
- Arts & Economic Prosperity IV: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences: 2010
- Americans for the Arts, 2012.
- Summary data for 182 participating regions including Newark.
- Arts & Economic Prosperity V: Economic Impact of the Nonprofit Arts & Culture Industry: 2015
- Americans for the Arts, 2017.
- Summary data for 341 participating regions including Newark.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies