Skip to main content
Bibliography of Music Literature Online
Other Music Databases
- Bach Bibliography
- Search a database of over 52,000 citations to scholarly literature, including books, articles, theses, and conference papers, relating to Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Beethoven Gateway
- Over 15,000 citations of published, and selected unpublished, materials from the 18th century to the present relating to Ludwig von Beethoven. From the Ira F. Brilliant Center for Beethoven Studies at San Jose State University.
- Bibliography of Sources Related to Women's Studies, Gender Studies, Feminism, and Music
- Extensive bibliography on women and music from the Committee on the Status of Women of the Society for Music Theory.
- CAIRSS for Music
- Search for journal articles relating to music education, music psychology, music therapy, and music medicine.
- Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology-Online
- Search or browse more than 14,000 bibliographic records for completed dissertations and new dissertation topics in the fields of musicology, music theory, ethnomusicology, and related disciplines. From the American Musicological Society.
- International Inventory of Musical Scores (RISM)
- Search some 700,000 entries for musical scores by over 20,500 composers, produced after 1600 and, for the most part, before 1800.
- Music Research Nexus Bibliographic Database
- Hosted by the University of Georgia, he Music Research Nexus Bibliographic Database is am online searchable catalog of the most significant peer-reviewed research journals of interest in the field of music teaching and learning
- Musica International: The Virtual Choral Library
- Search for scores by composer, title, keywords, voicing, genre, language, etc. Database includes over 160,000 choral music citations. Searching requires (free) registration.
- New Music USA
- Database indexing over 57,000 works by more than 6,000 composers.
- OLC-SSG Music Research: Online Contents Musicology
- Search the tables of contents of about 178 music journals (over 180,000 articles) back to 1994.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies