Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
By contract, remote access to the Rutgers University Library's indexes, databases, and electronic journals is available only to current Rutgers students, faculty, and staff.
However, there are many useful databases that are available without a subscription or institutional affiliation. We have assembled a select list of these here.
- JerseyClicks Access restricted to New Jersey residents
- Index to, and in many cases access to the full text of, thousands of articles and entries from magazines, newspapers, and reference books, as well as images and a full-text collection of government, business, personal and tax forms. Includes resources appropriate to middle school and high schools populations, as well as scholarly and research resources such as Business Source Elite. Search across databases simultaneously, or go to "Custom Search" and select the database(s) that you'd like to search.
- BASE: Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- Searches across millions of scholarly documents, about 60 percent of which are available in full-text.
- CiNii Articles
- Search across millions of articles published in academic society journals, university research bulletins or included in Japan's National Diet Library's Japanese Periodicals Index Database.
- Google Scholar
- Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature.
- Search tables of contents and abstracts of millions of articles from 13,000 publications.
- Search hundreds of millions of documents from journals, books, newspapers, and more. While full-text is not included for all results, some documents include a preview and others are freely accessible.
- Video repository of more than 23,000 lectures/conference presentations delivered since 1999. Much of the content relates to the sciences, especially computer science, however there is also a sizable collection of videos relating to the social sciences and humanities. From the Institut Jozef Stefan in Slovenia.
- Search across the largest library network in the world for books, DVDs, CDs, and articles and then locate those items in a nearby library.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies