Skip to main content
By contract, remote access to the Rutgers University Library's indexes, databases, and electronic journals is available only to current Rutgers students, faculty and staff, although you are certainly welcome to come in and use these resources on-site in any Rutgers library.
However there are many useful bibliographic databases that are available for use without subscription or institutional affiliation. We have assembled a select list of these here.
- JerseyClicks Access restricted to New Jersey residents
- Index to, and in many cases access to the full text of, thousands of articles and entries from magazines, newspapers, and reference books, as well as images and a full-text collection of government, business, personal and tax forms. Includes resources appropriate to middle school and high schools populations, as well as scholarly and research resources such as Business Source Elite and Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition. Search across databases simultaneously, or go to "Custom Search" and select the database(s) that you'd like to search.
- BASE: Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- Searches across about 45 million scholarly documents, about 75 percent of which are available in full-text.
- CiNii Articles
- Search across 15 million articles published in academic society journals, university research bulletins or included in Japan's National Diet Library's Japanese Periodicals Index Database.
- Google Scholar
- Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature.
- Search tables of contents and abstracts of 4.5 million articles from 13,500 publications.
- Video repository of almost 18,000 lectures/conference presentations delivered since 2006. Much of the content relates to the sciences, especially computer science, however there is also a sizable collection of videos relating to the social sciences and humanities as well. From the Institut Jozef Stefan in Slovenia.
- Search across the largest library network in the world for books, music, and videos and then locate those items in a nearby library.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies