Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PubMed and PubMed Central
PubMed & PubMed Central
"PubMed comprises more than 29 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites."
"PubMed Central® (PMC) is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM)."
Biological Sciences Databases
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Biodiversity Heritage Library provides open access to biodiversity literature as part of a global biodiversity community. BHL is also associated with the Encyclopedia of Life.
- BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 251 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology and medicine. All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely accessible online immediately upon publication. [Doing an "Advanced" or "Boolean" search requires (free) registration.]
- Epistemonikos: Database of the best evidence-based healthcare
- Epistemonikos is a multilingual database of health evidence and scientific information.
- Kew Bibliographic Database
- Combined searching tool with access to three bibliographic databases: The Kew Record of Taxonomic LIterature (A bibliography of over 200,000 publications relating to the taxonomy of flowering plants, gymnosperms, and ferns, published from 1971 up to the end of 2007); the Plant Micromorphology Bibliographic Database with over 90,000 references on plant anatomy and pollen/spore morphology; and the Economic Botany Bibliographic Database with 33,000 references to publications relating to the uses by humans of flowering plants, gymnosperms and ferns. Entries date from the late nineteenth century to 2003.
- The Public Library of Science (PLoS) is a source for open access journals in the biological and medical sciences.
- PrimateLit: A Bibliographic Database for Primatology
- Index to books, articles, dissertations, documents, and technical reports from 1940 to 2010 relating to nonhuman primates. Link to NLM-PubMed abstract when available.
- SORA: Searchable Ornithological Research Archive
- The largest open access ornithological archive. Browse or search across journal titles; articles available in full-text. 1884- .
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies