Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
National Agricultural Library (NAL) index to publications covering all aspects of agriculture and related disciplines including animal and veterinary sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, farming and farming systems, agricultural economics, extension and education, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences. Some records linked to full-text online documents. Catalog 1970+; Journal Index 1979+
Other Agriculture Databases
- AgEcon: Research in Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Open access repository of full-text scholarly literature in agricultural and applied economics. Includes working and conference papers, as well as journal articles.
- FAO database with millions of records relating to agricultural science and technology.
- ASABE Technical Library
- Searchable database from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Indexes ASABE journals and proceedings, as well as other publications. Complete list.
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture
- Search or browse an online collection of agricultural texts published between the early nineteenth century and the middle to late twentieth century. Full-text materials cover agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science, crops and their protection, food science,forestry, human nutrition, rural sociology, and soil science.Includes thousands of books and more than 35 journal titles. From Cornell University.
- Crop Composition Database
- A curated, open resource that provides data on the natural variability in composition (e.g., nutrients, anti-nutrients, and secondary metabolites) of agriculturally important, conventionally bred crops..
- Forest Service Research Data Archive
- An archive of data from short and long term research studies funded by the Forest Service Research and Development, the Joint Fire Science Program, and the Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute.
- Organic Eprints
- Search or browse an international open access archive for papers and projects related to research in organic food and farming.
- USDA Economics, Statistics, and Market Information System
- Search or browse thousands of online reports and datasets from the economics agencies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture concerning U.S. and international agriculture and related topics.
- World Nutrient Databases for Dietary Studies
- A catalog of national, regional and international food composition tables and databases (FCDBs) displayed in a interactive map.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies