Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Film Literature Index
Film Literature Index
Index to scholarly and popular film and television periodicals worldwide from 1976 to 2001. Search or browse approximately 700,000 citations.
Other Film and Television Databases
- Scanned images of reviews, press kits, festival and showcase program notes, newspaper articles, and other documents from the UC-Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive Library's extensive collection covering world cinema, past and present. Citations are available for all documents, and page images are available for documents with copyright clearance. Search or browse by title, director, subject, or genre.
- Index to Periodical Articles
- In-house indexing to the extensive collection of journals in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Margaret Herrick Library’s collection.
- MRQE: Movie Review Query Engine
- Links to over 920,000 film reviews in newspapers, journals, and other online sources. Some sources require a subscription. Approximately 105,000 films indexed.
- Museum of Broadcast Communications: Online Collections
- A searchable online database to the archival collection of the MBC. The Museum of Broadcast Communications (MBC) collects, preserves, and presents historic and contemporary radio and television content.
- University of California at Berkeley Bibliographies on Films and TV
- Extensive bibliographies, many with annotations, on a variety of topics including censorship, the 1950s, movies and the technological world, reality TV, sex in the movies, and situation comedies; film and TV genres; film and race, ethnicity, and gender; national cinemas; individual film makers and actors; and individual films and TV shows.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies