Skip to main content
Search more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books back to the early 1950s. Links to full-text if available.
Other Health and Medicine Databases
- Alcohol Studies Database.
- Index to over 80,000 citations to journal articles, books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers indexed by the Rutgers University Center for Alcohol Studies since 1987. Emphasis on research and professional literature dealing with alcohol, its use, and related consequences.
- BioMed Central
- Search across 252 open access, online peer-reviewed journals in all areas of biology and medicine.
- CAIRSS for Music
- Search for journal articles relating to music education, music psychology, music therapy, and music medicine.
- CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) on PubMed
- Search the biomedical literature and have your results automatically limited to complementary and alternative medicine. Includes links to full-text articles if available.
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination Databases
- Search over 20,000 systematic reviews that evaluate the effects of health care interventions and the delivery and organisation of health services, as well as 13,000 economic evaluations, over 12,000 summaries of completed and ongoing health technology assessments, and summaries of all the Cochrane reviews and protocols. From the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination at the University of York.
- Database of International Rehabilitation Research
- Index to over 145,000 citations to journal articles and conference proceedings from 1990 to the present concerning rehabilitation research conducted outside the United States. From the Center for International Rehabilitation Research Information and Exchange (CIRRIE).
- Dietary Supplement Database at PubMed
- Search the biomedical literature and have your results automatically limited to citations from a broad spectrum of dietary supplement literature including vitamin, mineral, phytochemical, ergogenic, botanical, and herbal supplements in human nutrition and animal models.
- "Journal articles, book chapters, bills, laws, court decisions, reports, books, audiovisuals, and news articles relating to bioethics and professional ethics covering 1974-2009." From the Georgetown University Bioethics Research Library.
- ETOH: The Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Science Database
- Index to over 170,000 articles, books, dissertations, conference papers, and reports on all aspects of alcohol and alcoholism. Citations/Abstracts from late 1960s through 2003. From the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) [Archived Database].
- Literature, Arts, and Medicine Database
- An annotated multimedia listing of prose, poetry, film, video and art that was developed to be a dynamic, accessible, comprehensive resource for teaching and research in Medical Humanities, and for use in health/pre-health, graduate and undergraduate liberal arts and social science settings.
- NCBI Bookshelf.
- Search or browse a collection of about 1100 online books and reports in life science and healthcare.
- Search abstracts of systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials relevant to occupational therapy.
- PEDro: Physiotherapy Evidence Database
- Search over 24,000 randomised trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy.
- PTSDpubs Database
- Index to some 50,000 citations, most with abstracts, to worldwide literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health consequences of exposure to traumatic events. Produced by the National Center for PTSD.
- REHABDATA Literature Database
- Index to over 80,000 items in the library of the National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC), including reports, studies, and papers submitted by projects funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, as well as articles published in rehabilitation-related periodicals. Publications from 1956 to the present.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies