Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library of Congress Digital Collections
- Library of Congress Digital Collections
- Online access to the Library of Congress' archival collections, many of which focus on American history. Included among these digital collections are The papers of Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865); American Life Histories: Manuscripts from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1940; Ansel Adams's Photographs of Japanese-American Internment at Manzanar; and African-American Band Music & Recordings, 1883-1923.
Other History Databases
- Bibliography of Slavery and World Slavery
- Searchable database referencing approximately 25,000 scholarly works published since 1900, as well as unpublished papers.
- Cambodian Genocide Program Bilbiographic Database (CBIB)
- Search over 3,000 records of primary and secondary documentary resources pertaining to gross violations of human rights during the Khmer Rouge regime. Includes summaries of newspaper articles on the Khmer Rouge in the Bangkok Post from 1975 to 1979.
- Classical Historiography for Chinese History
- Extensive, searchable bibliography (with a focus on the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing dynasty (1644-1911) developed and maintained by Professor Benjamin A. Elman of Princeton University.
- Digital Bibliography of the History of the Netherlands
- Searchable bibliography of over 200,000 books, periodicals, articles and online publications on the history of the Netherlands from pre-Classical times to the present day.
- English Short Title Catalogue (ESTC)
- Search the records for over 460,000 books and serials published between 1473 and 1800 published in the British Isles and North America, mainly, but not exclusively, in English. Locates items in more than 2000 libraries worldwide.
- Environmental History Bibliography
- Over 45,000 annotated citations to environmental history books, articles, and dissertations. From the Forest History Society.
- European Views of the Americas, 1493 to 1750
- Search more than 32,000 entries to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University Digital Archives
- Search online the digital archive of unique historical items from the FDU collections, as well as those from other partner collections. Materials include historical documents, digital artifacts, photographs, and maps related to both the history of Northern New Jersey and the University.
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index
- Index to journal articles, book reviews, and essays in books about women, sexuality, and gender during the Middle Ages (450 A.D. to 1500 A.D.). Some 500 journals indexed. 1990-
- Gifts of Speech
- Archive of speeches by contemporary, influential women, supplemented by a collection of 19th and early 20th century speeches. Over 700 speeches available.
- Historic Government Publications from World War II: A Digital Library
- Search or browse a collection of about 350 United States government documents produced during World War II. Emphasis on 'home-front' publications, e.g., "99 Ways to Share the Meat," "Choosing Women for War-Industry Jobs," "Home Frant in NationalDefense," etc. Catalog records include extended description of contents; publications available as pdf or html (jpeg) files. Digital project from the Southern Methodist University Libraries.
- International Institute of Social History Integrated Catalogue Search
- Search over 1,000,000 items (books, journals, pamphlets, posters, archival materials, etc.) in the collections of the IISH, the Dutch Economic History Archive (NEHA), and the Persmuseum (Press Museum), the museum of the oldest press in the world. Emphasis on social history, especially the global history of labor, the worker, and labor relations.
- Internet Library of Early Journals
- Browse a digitized collection of six major 18th and 19th century British journals: the Annual Register (1758-1778), The Builder (1843-1852), Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1843-1863), the Gentleman's Magazine (1731-1750), Notes and Queries (1849-1869), and the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (1757-1777). The latter four titles are also searchable.
- Magazine Stacks: Tables of Contents of Historical Journals
- Search or browse the tables of contents of European (primarily German and English) history journals, Festschriften, and monographic series. Many journals indexed back to first issue. Developed and maintained by Stuart Jenks.
- The Nineteenth Century
- Search the index to the microform set containing over 34,000 titles of English-language works first published between 1801 and 1900. Based on the holdings of the British Library.
- References to over 7,000 books and studies as well as 30,000 articles from 160 periodicals on the role, structure and working methods of national parliaments, and on electoral systems, constitutional law, history and political science.
- PIRATE: Projet d'Indexation et de Recherche pour Assister le Travail de l'Écrit
- Project to create a searchable index to some 360 major historical journals from the latter part of the 19th century to the present. Citations are searchable by title, title keyword, author, and journal title. Maintained by Nelson Ouellet of the University of Moncton.
- Scottish Medieval Bibliography
- Extensive classified bibliography on medieval Scotland. Links to online resources when available. Edited by Sharon L. Krossa.
- TOCS-IN: Index to Table of Contents of Interest to Classicists
- Searchable index to the tables of contents of over 200 journals (75,000 articles) of interest to classicists (including the Near East). Most indexed back to 1992; indexing to prior years being added on a journal by journal basis.
- Zenon Dai
- Searchable archaeological bibliography. Includes some 400,000 monographs and articles from 1956 to the present.
- ViVa: A Bibliography of Women's History in Historical and Women's Studies Journals
- Index to over 12,000 articles on women's and gender history published from 1975 to the present in about 180 European, American, Canadian, Asian, Australian and New Zealand historical and women's studies journals.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies