Skip to main content
The 18th Century
c18 Bibliographies On-Line
Selected annotated bibliographies on figures from the 'long' eighteenth-century [c.1660-1830]. Typically include standard editions, bibliographies, biographies, major works of criticism, and electronic resources. Edited by Jack Lynch, Rutgers University.
Other Literature Databases
- British Fiction 1800-1829: A Database of Production, Circulation & Reception
- Index to bibliographic records of 2,272 works of fiction written by approximately 900 authors. Records include links to anecdotal records, circulating-library catalogs, newspaper advertisements, reviews, and subscription lists.
- gender Inn: Women's and Gender Studies Database
- Index to over 8400 citations pertaining to feminist theory, feminist literary criticism and gender studies focusing on English and American literature.
- Index to Science Fiction Anthologies and Collections (Combined Edition)
- Browsable index to "3,900 SF anthologies and single-author collections published before 1984, containing over 38,000 stories by 3,880 authors."
- Inter-Play: An On-line Index to Plays in Collections, Anthologies and Periodicals
- Index to over 47,000 entries (from the late 19th-century to the present) for non-separately published plays.
- Literature, Arts, and Medicine Database
- An annotated multimedia listing of prose, poetry, film, video and art that was developed to be a dynamic, accessible, comprehensive resource for teaching and research in Medical Humanities, and for use in health/pre-health, graduate and undergraduate liberal arts and social science settings.
- The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)
- Browsable index to science fiction books, as well as stories published in anthologies, single-author collections, and magazines.
- Annual Updates: 1999; 2000; 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- The Nineteenth Century
- Search the index to the microform set containing over 34,000 titles of English-language works first published between 1801 and 1900. Based on the holdings of the British Library.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Research Database
- Index to over 100,000 books and articles about science fiction, fantasy, horror, supernatural and weird fiction. From Hal W. Hall, librarian at the Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University.
- Studies in Bibliography
- Search or browse the full text of this important resource for scholarly articles on bibliography and textual criticism. 1948- .
- Children's Picture Book Database at Miami University
- Index to a bibliography with abstracts of over 5000 picture books for children from preschool to grade 3. Thesaurus ('Keyword' list) includes over 950 concepts, topics, and skills.
- Barahona Center for the Study of Books in Spanish for Children and Adolescents
- Search [in English or Spanish; by subject and/or grade level] a database of more than 10,000 recommended books in Spanish for children and adolescents, or a database of over 100 recommended books in English about Latinos.
- Open eBooks
- "Open eBooks is a library containing thousands of popular and award-winning titles that are free for children from in-need communities. These eBooks can be read without checkouts or holds. The goal of Open eBooks is to encourage a love of reading and serve as a gateway to children reading even more often, whether in school, at libraries, or through other eBook reading apps."
- PIKA: Canadian Children's Literature Database
- Index to the National Library of Canada's collection of 35,000 children's books. Searchable by subject; includes grade level recommendations.
- WOW: Worlds of Words
- Search about 25,000 volumes of children’s and adolescent literature focusing on world cultures and indigenous peoples, part of the International Collection of Children's and Adolescent Literature at the University of Arizona College of Education.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies