Skip to main content
World Digital Library
- World Digital Library
- The WDL provides online access to international cultural treasures and significant historical documents. The content on the WDL includes books, manuscripts, maps, newspapers, journals, prints and photographs, sound recordings, and films.
Area Studies Databases
- Bibliography of Africana Periodical Literature Database
- Index to over 166,000 articles from over 750 journals that specialize in African Studies or consistently cover the African continent. Journals indexed in their entirety.
- ASA (African Studies Abstracts) Online
- Quarterly classified index with abstracts to about 220 social science and humanities journals, as well as to edited works, on sub-Saharan Africa. Issues available as pdf files. From the African Studies Centre, Leiden. 2003- .
- African Women's Bibliographic Database
- Index to over 37,000 English-language citations from 1986 to the present on African women.
- Indexkenya.org: The Kenya Indexing Project
- "Indexkenya.org is an online index of articles published in Nairobi newspapers. The focus of the articles indexed includes culture, law/governance, reproductive health, and other topics about which information is difficult to obtain."
- SPRILIB Antarctica
- Index to the Antarctica and Southern Ocean collection in the Library of the Scott Polar Research Institute at the University of Cambridge. Over 45,000 records listing publications from 1602 to 2003.
Asia, Oceania, and the Pacific Rim
- Hong Kong Journals Online
- Full-text seachable database "providing access to selected academic and professional journals, both in English and Chinese, published in Hong Kong. Titles included in this database cover a wide range of disciplines including law, medicine and education... Issues included in this database vary from journal to journal with the earliest going back to 1872. Currently, more than 491,290 images from over 60 titles will be accessible on the database."
- SASI: Southeast Asian Serials Index
- The Southeast Asian Serials Index (SASI) provides access to information on Southeast Asia through the indexing selected academic and current affairs journals published in a range of countries. It currently includes over 77,000 records from 143 journals. Subjects covered include Southeast Asian current affairs, economics, politics and other social sciences.
- South Asia Resources Database
- Searchable database of over 120,000 records--books, serials, archive collections, and ephemera--about South Asia available in Australia; complemented by a database of some 150,000 items of South Asia Resources Not Held in Australia
- Philippine Bibliography
- Browse or search a classified bibliography with approximately 5000 entries for monographic works about the Philippines.
- Basque Database
- Search over 18,000 records (articles, books, book chapters, disserations, and other publications) relationing to Basque topics. 1994- . From the Basque Studies Library at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Eusko Bibliographia
- Search over 100,000 citations (1981-1994) relating to Basque authors and themes.
- ERPA: European Research Papers Archive
- Index to online working papers relating to European Integration research.
Europe--Central and Eastern Europe
- European Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (EBSEES) 1991-2007.
- Search over 85,000 bibliographic records.
- Bibliographieportal zur Geschichte Ostmitteleuropas - LitDok Ostmitteleuropa
- Extensive index to articles on the history of East Central Europe. From the Herder Institut.
- CEJSH: The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Index with English abstracts to social sciences and humanities journals from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, the Slovak Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine.
- Bibliografia Historii Polskiej
- Comprehensive bibliography of historical materials published in Poland. Incorporates the annual bibliographies from 1988 to 2007.
- Letopis' Zhurnal'nykh Statei Online
- Index to approximately 3 million articles published in Soviet-era periodicals from 1956 to 1975. Includes journals from the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and popular literature. Requires Cyrillic input; virtual keyboard provided. A project of the Indiana University Digital Library Program.
- SPRILIB Russian North
- Index to the Russian North ("European Russia south to 63 degrees N. and Asian Russia south to 57 degrees N., including all of Kamchatka and Sakhalin") in the Library of the Scott Polar Research Institute at the University of Cambridge. Over 25,000 records listing publications from 1671 to 2003.
- Serbian Citation Index
- Index to 411 Serbian journals; over 48,000 of the articles are available in full-text.
- Handbook of Latin American Studies
- Searchable annotated bibliography of scholarly books, articles, book chapters, and conference papers dealing with Latin America. 1936+
- Search academic journals published in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal. Journals cover all disciplines, but searches may be limited to certain categories, including the social sciences.
- RAMBI: Index to Articles on Jewish Studies
- Index to selective articles relating to Jewish studies and Israel. From the Jewish National and University Library. 1966- .
- UNISPAL: UN Information System on the Question of Palestine
- Search or browse a large collection (30,000+) of current and historical United Nations documents concerning the question of Palestine and related issues since 1946.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies