Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sports in the Cold War
- The Use of Sports to Promote the American Way of Life During the Cold War: Cultural Propaganda, 1945-1963
- Russ Crawford. Lewiston, Edwin Mellen Press, 2008. Available?
- Winning is the Only Thing: Sports in America Since 1945
- Randy Roberts and James S. Olson. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1989. Available?
- SportsWars: Athletes in the Age of Aquarius.
- David Zang. Fayetteville, Ark., University of Arkansas Press, 2001. Available?
- LA84 Digital Library Collection
- Digital archive includes reports, oral histories, and articles on sport and Olympic Games history. Journals indexed include the College Football Historical Society Newsletter (1987-2009), Football Studies (1998-2006), the Journal of Olympic History (1992-2004), and the Journal of Sport History (1974-2010), as well as American Golfer (1908-1922), Baseball Magazine (1908-1920), and the Olympic Review (1901-2003).
- The Baseball Index (TBI)
- Index to over 250,000 documents, including books, articles, programs, pamphlets and other materials of interest to baseball fans and researchers. From the Bibliography Committee of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR).
- Race, Culture, and the Revolt of the Black Athlete: The 1968 Olympic Protests and Their Aftermath
- Douglas Hartmann. Chicago, University of Chicago Press, 2003. Available?
- Dropping the Torch: Jimmy Carter, the Olylmpic Boycott, and the Cold War
- Nicholas Evan Sarantakes. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- The Political Olympics: Moscow, Afghanistan, and the 1980 U.S. Boycott
- Derick L. Hulme. New York, Praeger, 1990. Available?
- U.S. Participation in the 1980 Summer Olympic Games
- Hearings and Markup before the Committee on Foreign Affairs, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress, Second Session, January 23 and February 4, 1980. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies