Skip to main content
Television, Radio and Film
- American Cinema of the 1960: Themes and Variations
- Barry Keith Grant. New Brunswick, Rutgers University Press, 2008. Available?
- Lost Illusions: American Cinema in the Shadow of Watergate and Vietnam, 1970-1979
- David A. Cook. Berkeley, University of California Press, 2002. Available?
- Hollywood's Last Golden Age: Politics, Society, and the Seventies Film in America
- Jonathan Kirshner. Ithaca, NY, Cornell University Press, 2012. Available?
- Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
- Indexes industry papers, news journalism, and scholarly academic journals on topics relating to film and television. Rutgers-restricted Access
- TV-NewsSearch: The Vanderbilt Television News Archive
- Index to material in the collection of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive; includes access through Online Streaming Video to thousands of hours of NBC and CNN news broadcasts, as well as abstracts to nightly news programs broadcast by the other national television networks. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Paley Center for Media Database
- The Paley Center (New York City) houses a media collection of nearly 150,000 television and radio programs and advertisements. The database includes synopsis of programs. The Edward John Noble Scholars Room has carrels equipped with an audio/visual monitor for viewing and listening to the Paley Center's collection of programs and computers that access the library's database. Use of the Scholars Room is available to students and others affiliated with educational organizations at a rate of $15 per day; The Scholar's Room is open: Wednesdays to Sundays 12:00 to 6:00 pm, and 12:00 to 8:00 pm on Thursdays.
- American History in Video
- Digitized documentaries, newsreel films, and archival footage. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies