Skip to main content
Index to Military Periodicals
Index to Military Periodicals
1988- .Index to articles, news items, and editorials published in English language military periodicals. Earlier years (1949- ) covered by the Air University Library Index to Military Periodical. Available?
FBI Electronic Reading Room [The Vault]. Digital documents from the files of the FBI. You can use the A-Z Index, or browse through categories of documents including "Anti-War," "Civil Rights," "Gangs/Extremist Groups," and "Popular Culture."
- Federal Response to Radicalism in the 1960s
- Searchable collection of FBI files. Includes the COINTELPRO files, and files on Abbie Hoffman, the Black Panther Party, Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers, Kent State, Malcolm X, Mississippi burning, Muslim Mosque, Inc., the Organization of Afro-American Unity, the Students for a Democratic Society and the Weatherman Underground Organization, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, and on Communist Infiltration of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (Monthly Catalog)
- July 1976- .Records for electronic and print publications from the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the U.S. government, with links to those that are available online. Rutgers-restricted Access
The easiest access to the Monthly Catalog prior to 1976 is to use the cumulative indexes:
- Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications, 1900-1971.
- 15 volumes. Dana Call Number: DOC REF. Z1223.A18 Suppl. 1900-1971
- Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications. Cumulative index, 1976-1980.
- 6 volumes. Dana Call Number: DOC REF. Z1223 .A1812
- Congressional Publications
- Historical and current Congressional information and legislative publications. Committee Prints, House & Senate Reports, House & Senate Documents, 1970-present; Hearings, 1824-2003, complete hearing - 2004-present, selected testimony transcripts and submitted statements, and in some cases, entire published hearings; Legislative Histories, 1969-present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set, 1817-1980
- A full-text database of key publications of the United States Congress. It documents the official activities of the committees of the House and the Senate, including the journals, reports, and documents. Rutgers-restricted Access
- CIS US Congressional Committee Hearings Index
- 1800s to 1969. Pt. 7: 86th-88th Congresses, 1959-1964. Pt. 8: 89th-91st Congress, 1st Session, 1965-1969. Available?
- CIS Index to Publications of the United States Congress.
- 1970-to the present. Available?
The Rutgers Alexander Library has a collection of unpublished House and Senate hearings on microfiche. These are indexed by:
- CIS Index to Unpublished U.S. House of Representatives Committee Hearings, 1833-1964. Alexander Call Number: DOCREF KF27.A2U6 1988 and supplement
- CIS Index to Unpublished U.S. Senate Committee Hearings, 1823-1976. Alexander Call Number: DOCREF KF40.C55 1986 and its supplement
- CIS Index to Unpublished US Senate Committee Hearings, 93rd Congress-94th Congress, 1973-1976. Available?
- Declassified Documents Reference System
- Full-text database of documents that have been declassified by the U.S. government. Includes CIA, FBI, State Department, National Security Agency, and White House documents, among others. Largest coverage beginning after World War II, although some earlier documents are included. Rutgers-restricted Access
Foreign Relations of the United States
- Foreign Relations of the United States
- U.S. Department of State. Washington, D.C., 1861- .
The 'official' documentary record of U.S. foreign policy. Correspondence, reports, and documents relating to U.S. diplomatic history, published with a delay of approximately 25 years. The most recent volumes (Truman - Carter) are available online. The State Department maintains a list of all volumes that have been published. Available?
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies