Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NOW: The National Organization for Women
Roe v. Wade
Roe v. Wade. Supreme Court opinions and arguements on the question: Does the Constitution embrace a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy by abortion?
Half the People, 1970. Alexandria, Va., PBS Video, 1999. Available?
Not for Sale: Feminism and Art in the USA During the 1970s. New York, Hawkeye Production, 1998. "Presents the art, artists, and activities of the feminist art movement of the 1970s. Includes interviews, slides, and archival footage." Available?
Women's Liberation Movement
- The Feminine Mystique.
- Betty Friedan. New York, Norton, 1963.
- The book often credited with kick-starting the 2d wave of the women's movement. Available?
- American Women: Report of the President's Commission on the Status of Women
- Washington, DC, Government Printing Office, 1963.
- Document's From the Women's Liberation Movement
- "The materials in this on-line archival collection document various aspects of the Women's Liberation Movement in the United States, and focus specifically on the radical origins of this movement during the late 1960s and early 1970s. Items range from radical theoretical writings to humourous plays to the minutes of an actual grassroots group."
- Miss America Protests, 1968 and 1969
- Photographs, articles, flyers, planning documents, and responses to the 1968 and 1969 Miss America pageant protests. From the Duke University Libraries Digital Collections.
- Chronology of the Women's Movement in the U.S., 1961-1975
- Washington, National Commission on the Observance of International Women's Year, 1975. Available?
- Disco Divas: Women and Popular Culture in the 1970s.
- Sherrie A. Inness, editor. Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003. Available?
- Wooster, OH, Bell & Howell, 1972. 89 microfilm reels.
- Several hundred newspapers, journals, and newsletters, primarily from the late 1960s and early 1970s, associated with the Women's Liberation Movement. Available?
- Guide to the Microfilm Edition of Herstory: Including Guides to Supplementary Sets I and II.
- Wilmington, Del., Scholarly Resources, 1990.
- Guide to the above collection. Available?
- Women's Rights in the United States of America: A Report Prepared by the Women's Rights Task Force of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Washington, D.C., U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, 1979.
The Equal Rights Amendment
- Chronology of the Equal Rights Amendment, 1923-1996
- The Equal Rights Amendment: A Bibliographic Study.
- Compiled by the Equal Rights Amendment Project. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 1976. Available?
- In Pursuit of Equal Rights: Women in the Seventies.
- Washington, D.C., National League of Women Voters, 1977.
- The Equal Rights Amendment and the status of women in the seventies.
- Public Hearing Before Assembly Judiciary Committee on Assembly Concurrent Resolution no. 67: Proposing Constitutional Amendment to Provide Equality of Rights of Women
- Trenton, May 2, 1974. Rutgers-restricted Resource
- ERAmerica Records, 1974-1982.
- 62,300 items collections at the Library of Congress. ERAmerica was a nationwide alliance of civic, labor, church, and women's organizations founded in 1976 to promote ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. Finding Aid
- Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism: A Woman's Crusade.
- Donald T. Critchlow. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 2005. Available?
1975: International Women's Year
- The Spirit of Houston: The First National Women's Conference: An Official Report to the President, the Congress and the People of the United States
- Washington, D.C., National Commission on the Observance of International Women's Year, March, 1978.
- "...To Form a More Perfect Union...": Justice for American Women
- Report of the National Commission on the Observance of International Women's Year. 1976.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies