Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Think Tanks & Policy Institutes
Associations & Institutes
- American Planning Association / American Institute of Certified Planners
- The professional organization (APA) representing some 30,000
practicing planners, officials, and citizens involved with urban and
rural planning issues; and the planning certification
- American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- "The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity and strengthening free enterprise." Regularly reports on housing finance issues.
- Cato Institute
- "The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization — a think tank — dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace."
- Fannie Mae
- A private company operating under a congressional charter, Fannie
Mae is the largest issuer and guarantor of mortgage-backed securities
(MBS) in the U.S.
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- Fact sheets, legislative alerts, research reports. "Online Library" of citations with abstracts.
- National Fair Housing Advocate Online
- "The National Fair Housing Advocate Online is a resource designed to serve both the fair housing advocacy community and the general public with timely news and information regarding the issues of housing discrimination." Includes news, statutes, regulations and articles, and a fee-based case database.
- National Housing Institute
- Nonprofit focusing on the issues affecting affordable housing and community development.
- National Housing Law Project
- A national housing law and advocacy center, the NHLP's primary areas
of emphasis are public policy advocacy, litigation assistance,
training, and research.
- The Urban Institute
- A non-profit non-partisan research institute focusing on issues relating to American cities and urban populations.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies