Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to
the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print
format, Rutgers students/faculty can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
Indexes and Databases
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- HUD USER Bibliographic Database
- Index, with abstracts, to more than 10,000 research reports,
articles, books, and data sources in housing policy, building
technology, economic development, urban planning, and related fields.
From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of
Policy Development and Research.
- EconLit 1969-
- Comprehensive bibliographic index for economic literature. Indexes
journal, books, dissertations, working papers, and volumes of articles.
Public Affairs Information Service 1915-
- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in
sociology and related disciplines, including economic development,
policy, planning, urban sociology, and welfare services. Also indexes
books reviews, books, and book chapters, dissertations and conference
- Westlaw Campus Research
- Contains the full text of court opinions, statutes, and regulations
from state and federal governments; in excess of 800 law reviews and
journals; a legal encyclopedia, American Jurisprudence, and Black's Law
Dictionary. Includes full text coverage of current news. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies