Skip to main content
- Asian American Chronology.
Xiaojian Zhao. Santa Barbara, Calif., Greenwood Press, 2009.
Pre-nineteenth to the 21st century. Available?
Use these "formulas" to search the Catalog for material on specific immigrant groups:
[Country Name] Emigration and Immigration Example: Philippines Emigration and Immigration
[Country Name] Americans Example: East Indian Americans
[Group] United States Example: Filipinos United States
Need a Book Not in Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the
Dana Library, but a circulating copy (BOOK-Y)
is available from another Rutgers Library,
you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record
for the book in the Catalog and clicking on tbe
Book Delivery button.
- Asian American Encyclopedia
- Franklin Ny, editor. New York, Marshall Cavendish, 1995. 6 vols.
Signed entries on topics dealing with various Asian groups in the U.S.
Especially strong on cultural aspects and issues. Bibliographic
references. An outstanding resource. Available?
- Racism, Dissent, and Asian Americans From 1850 to the Present: A Documentary History
- Edited by Philip S. Foner and Daniel Rosenberg. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 1993. Available?
- China and America: A Bibliography of Interactions, Foreign and Domestic
- James M. McCutcheon. Honolulu, University Press of Hawaii, 1972.
Selective bibliography of English-language materials. Includes sections
on Chinese immigration and exclusion, and on the Chinese community in
the U.S. Available?
- A History Reclaimed: An Annotated Bibliography of Chinese Language Materials on the Chinese of America
- Compiled by Him Mark Lai. Los Angeles, Asian American Studies Center, University of California, 1986. Available?
Chronology of Filipinos in America Pre-1898
- Eloisa Gomez Borah. Chronology with links where available.
- Filipino Migration to the Unites States: Bibliography
- Annotated list of books, articles, and videos relating to the Filipino migration.
- Exclusion of Immigration from the Philippine Islands: Hearings Before the United States House Committee on Immigration and Naturalization
- Washington, D.C., United States Congress. House Committee on Immigration and Naturalization, Seventy-First Congress, 2d Session, April 10-12, May 7 and 8, 1930. Rutgers-restricted access
- Naturalization of Filipinos: Hearings Before the United States House Committee on Immigration and Naturalization
- Washington, D.C., United States Congress. House Committee on Immigration and Naturalization, Seventy-Eighty Congress, 2d Session, November 22, 1944. Rutgers-restricted access
- Encyclopedia of Japanese American History: An A-to-Z Reference From 1868 to the Present
- Brian Niiya, editor. Updated edition. New York, Facts on File, 2001. Available?
- Japanese American Internment During World War II: A History and Reference Guide
- Wendy L. Ng. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2002. Available?
- The Japanese in America, 1843-1973: A Chronology & Fact Book
- Masako Herman. Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana Publications, 1974. Available?
- Koreans in America, 1882-1974: A Chronology & Fact Book
- Hyung-chan Kim. Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana Publications, 1974. Available?
- Korean American History
- Overview from 1904 to the present. A project of the Korean American Museum.
- Korean American Digital Archive
- "The Korean American Digital Archive brings more than 13,000 pages of documents, over 1,900 photographs, and about 180 sound files together in one searchable collection that documents the Korean American community during the period of resistance to Japanese rule in Korea and reveal the organizational and private experience of Koreans in America between 1903 and 1965." Part of the University of Southern California Digital Library.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies