Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- New Jersey Ethnic History : A Bibliography.David Steven Cohen. Trenton, NJ : New Jersey Historical Commission, Dept. of State, 1986. Including African-Americans, Cubans, Dutch, Germans, Hungarians, Irish, Italians, Japanese, Jews, Native Americans, Portuguese, Quakers, and Swedes. Available?
New Jersey Immigrants
- Immigration and Ethnicity in New Jersey History.
- Douglas V. Shaw. Trenton, N.J., New Jersey Historical Commission, Dept. of State, c1994. Available?
- The People of New Jersey
- Rudoph J. Vecoli. Princeton, N.J., Van Nostrand, 1965. Seminal general study of the ethnic groups that migrated to New Jersey from colonial times to the 1960s. Available?
- The New Jersey Ethnic Experience.
- Edited by Barbara Cunningham. Union City, N.J. : W. H. Wise, 1977.
- Essays on 31 ethnic groups in New Jersey. Available?
- A New Wave of Immigration in New Jersey: diversity and vitality 1940-2009
- Henry Bischoff and Carol Kitman. S.l. : printed by Lulu, c2010. Available?
- Beyond the City and the Bridge: East Asian Immigration in a New Jersey Suburb
- Noriko Matsumoto. New Brunswick, N.J., Rutgers University Press, 2018.
- A case study of Fort Lee, New Jersey. Fort Lee has one of the largest concentrations of East Asians of any suburb on the East Coast, with Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans forming distinct communities. Available?
- When Newark Had a Chinatown: My Personal Journey
- Yoland Skeete-Laessing. Pittsburgh, Dorrance, 2016. Available?
Subjects: American Studies
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies