Skip to main content
Finding Specific Journals
To find a specific journal follow these steps:
- In the Rutgers University Libraries Catalog (IRIS), type the journal title and select "Periodical Title Begins With" from the drop-down menu.
- Select your title from the journal browse list to see the full record for the journal.
- Print holdings will be displayed, as well as online access if available (in the "electronic access" field.)
You can also consult our Electronic Journals List, an alphabetical list of journals to which we have e-access. But please remember the list does not have any print holdings information-the most complete holdings information is via IRIS.
Getting to the Article
We subscribe to thousands of journals, but not to all journals cited in our electronic databases. In many of our databases, full text is available as PDF or HTML links. If these links are not available, select the button. Selecting this button may yield the fulltext article immediately or a screen with links to help determine the availability of the journal and article at Rutgers Libraries.
- Ideally, when you the select thebutton, you will see the full text article immediately.
- If the article does not appear, when you select thebutton, you should see a link to full text.
- If you do not see a link to full text, click on the “Search the library catalog by Periodical Title" and "Search the library catalog for print by ISSN". These links which will take you to the record in the Library Catalog for the journal title if available in the Rutgers libraries. The Library Catalog record will note the availability of the journal online in the Electronic access line. The Library Catalog also indicates whether the library system owns the periodical in paper or in other formats.
- If Rutgers University Libraries has the article in print or in microform formats, you can request an electronic copy through Article Delivery Service. Requested articles are delivered electronically as PDF files. The turnaround time is generally 1-3 weekdays.
- If Rutgers University Libraries does not have the article at all, you can request a copy through Article Delivery Service. Requested articles are delivered electronically as PDF files. Except in very rare cases, there is no cost, and we will never pass on a cost without your prior approval. The turnaround time is generally 1-3 weekdays.
How to Request Delivery of an Article
Math Teaching and Learning Materials