Skip to main content
PolicyMap allows you to download and map data relating to demographics, housing, income, crime, mortgages, health, jobs, manufacturing, supermarket access, and more. Includes data sets from over 150 public and proprietary sources
Environmental Justice Atlas
Mapping Environmental Justice
- EJSCREEN: Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool
- EPA mapping tool. Choose a geographic area; EJSCREEN then provides demographic and environmental information for that area. Includes 11 environmental Indicators and six demographic indicators.
- Energy Justice Network Map
- Search (address, city, zip code, etc.) and filter by and locate energy facilities (operating, proposed, expand, or closed). Select a facility to see ownership, history, and a "Environmental Justice Analysis" table.
- Waste Lands: America's Forgotten Nuclear Legacy
- Wall Street Journal interactive database. "During the build-up to the Cold War, the U.S. government called upon hundreds of factories and research centers to help develop nuclear weapons and other forms of atomic energy. At many sites, this work left behind residual radioactive contamination requiring government cleanups, some of which are still going on." Maps, reports, and documents relating to specific sites.
- TOXMAP: Environmental Health Maps
- A GIS from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) that uses maps of the United States and Canada to help users visually explore data primarily from the EPA's Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) and Superfund Programs. Users can create nationwide, regional, or local area maps showing where TRI chemicals are released on-site into the air, water, and ground. It overlays U.S. Census demographic data, income figures from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and health data from the National Cancer Institute SEER program, and the National Center for Health Statistics.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies