Skip to main content
PolicyMap allows you to download and map data relating to demographics, housing, income, crime, mortgages, health, jobs, manufacturing, supermarket access, and more. Includes data sets from over 150 public and proprietary sources
New Jersey Municipalities
The New Jersey Municipal Data Book. Montclair, N.J., New Jersey Associates, 1981- Annual
One page summaries [sample] of the population, government, finances, schools, and other characterisitics of each of New Jersey's towns and cities. Available?
New Jersey Data Book
- New Jersey Data Book
- Demographic, fiscal, geographic, school and political data on New Jersey’s counties, towns and legislative districts. Requires registration.
New Jersey State Data Center
State Data Center Data compiled by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
New Jersey Water
Water Resources of New Jersey. Water-resource information on New Jersey's rivers and streams, groundwater, water quality, and biology. From the USGS New Jersey Water Science Center.
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
- The basic databook for U.S. national-level statistics.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States: 1878-2012
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
- Access to data from more than 70 organizational sources. Most data series focus on recent years and a few prior decades, although some data series extend back to the 19th century. Rutgers-restricted Access
- American FactFinder
- Select query elements to create maps and view data tables based on the 2010 Census, Census 2000, the 1990 Census, the American Community Survey, and the Economic Census.
- Decennial Census Reports from 1790 to 2010
- Digitized, but actually less cumbersome to use in print. Print volumes available in Dana Library Government Documents collection.
U.S. Census of Governments
- Census of Governments: Federal, State, and Local Governments
- Covers government organization, public employment, and government finance. Most data available back to 1992.
- Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics Database
- Data for city and county statistics from 1985 through the most recent year available. Includes city jurisdictions with populations of 10,000 or more and county agencies of 25,000 or more. Includes statistics for violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) and property crime (burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft).
- Criminal Justice Statistics
- Rutgers guide.
- National Center for Environmental Health: Data Resources
- A reference list of nationally funded data systems that have a relationship to environmental public health.
- Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities
- Annual data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on the rate and number of work-related injuries, illnesses, and fatal injuries, and how these statistics vary by incident, industry, geography, occupation, and other characteristics.
- America's Children and the Environment (ACE)
- EPA report on children's environmental health.
- What's in the Food You Eat Search Tool
- Nutrient profiles for 13,000 foods commonly eaten in the U.S. From the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Food Environment Atlas
- From the Economic Research Service of the USDA. Currently includes 168 indicators of the food environment in 3 categories: Food Choices—Indicators of the community's access to and acquisition of healthy, affordable food; Health and Well-Being—Indicators of the community’s success in maintaining healthy diets; and Community Characteristics—Indicators of community characteristics that might influence the food environment.
, Course Guides (Newark)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies