Skip to main content
The Craft of Research
- The Craft of Research Wayne C. Booth et. al. 4th edition. Chicago, University of Chicago Press, 2016.Rutgers-restricted Access
"The Forgotten Guinea Pigs"
Environmental Justice Atlas
- Emporis Database
- Good source of basic technical data as well as images of specific buildings.
The Federal Government's Response
- Failed Promises: Evaluating the Federal Government's Response to Environmental Justice
- David M. Konisky, editor. Cambridge, Mass., The MIT Press, 2015.Chapters focus on federal environmental justice policy as it has been carried out over the past two decades, with an emphasis on the performance of the Environmental Protection Agency. Rutgers-restricted access
- Federal Highway Administration: Environmental Justice
- History, legislation, data tools, etc.
- U.S. Department of Transportation Environmental Justice StrategyNovember 15, 2016.
- Assessing and Managing the Ecological Impacts of Paved Roads
- National Research Council, Committee on Ecological Impacts of Road Density, 2005. Rutgers-restricted access
- Technical Guidance for Assessing Environmental Justice in Regulatory Analysis
- Guidelines from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- New Jersey Environmental Digital Library (NJEDL)
- Literature and multimedia relating to the New Jersey environment. The collection includes documents and reports, scientific studies, photographs, videos, maps, and more.
- EPA Region 2
- Region 2 of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency includes New York and New Jersey as well as Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and eight tribal nations. The Lower Passaic River Restoration Project has been identified as a key issue by Region 2.
- Ironbound Environmental Justice History and Resource Center
- A project of the Ironbound Community Corporation of Newark, the IEJHRC is housed at the Van Buren Branch of the Newark Public Library (140 Van Buren Street) and is open to the public.
- New Jersey State Publications Digital Library: Department of Environmental Protection
- New Jersey Water Resources Research Institute: Legislative Links
- Links to relevant New Jersey, Federal, and International agencies.
- Highlands Act: Sierra Club Annual Report Card13th Report Card
- 2013 Report Card
- 2012 Report Card
- 2011 Report Card
- Working in Paterson: Occupational Heritage in an Urban Setting
- "470 interview excerpts and 3882 photographs from the Working in Paterson Folklife Project of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress. The four-month study of occupational culture in Paterson, New Jersey, was conducted in 1994."
- MERI Library Research Guide 3: History of the Meadowlands
- List of publications and online resources containing information on or related to the history of the New Jersey Meadowlands. Meadowlands Environmental Research Institute. Revised 2009.
- The Hackensack Meadowlands in the Imagery: History of a Deep Social and Environmental Transformation
- March, 2013.
- Garbage Governmentalities and Environmental Justice In New Jersey
- Raysa Martinez Kruger. (Ph.D. Thesis) Rutgers University, May 2017.
- "Using the Ironbound neighborhood of Newark and Essex County as a case study area, this dissertation examines how conditions of environmental injustice in the Ironbound are produced and perpetuated by the collective enactment of our governmental approaches to the problem of increasing garbage production in New Jersey since the 1870s."
, Course Guides (Newark)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies