Skip to main content
Need a Different Database?
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Environmental History Bibliography Database
- Over 45,000 citations to published items on environmental history topics as well as over 30,000 historic photographs, U.S. Forest Service history materials, and descriptions of nearly 8,000 archival collections from over 450 North American repositories. From the Forest History Society.
- ProQuest Environmental Science Collection
- Comprehensive index to the environmental sciences. In addition to coverage of over 10,000 serials, includes environmental impact statements. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Indexes materials on all aspects of human impact on the environment. Includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and more. Includes scholarly, government and general-interest titles.
Index to the full-text of scholarly legal and criminal justice periodicals as well as related legal materials. Most journals indexed back to their first volume. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Includes law review articles, Shepard's citations of U.S. Supreme Court cases, and federal and state cases and laws. Rutgers-restricted Access
Political Science, Public Policy, and Related Disciplines
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- TRID: The TRIS and ITRD Database
- An integrated database that combines the records from TRB’s Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECD’s Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. TRID provides access to more than one million records of transportation research worldwide.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies