Skip to main content
Have a question about the Catalog?
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the
Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library,
you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record
for the book in the Catalog and clicking on tbe
Book Delivery/Recall button.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
Need Published Collections of Primary Source Materials?
- Rutgers Library Catalog
- Search all Rutgers Libraries for books, videos, media, microforms, and other materials.
- Rutgers Law Library (Newark & Camden) Catalog
- Rutgers Law library materials are not listed in the Catalog. So if your topic is in some way law-related, be sure and use the Law library catalog.
Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the experiences of peoples of
African descent throughout the world." The Schomburg Center contains over 5,000,000 items held in five divisions: Art and Artifacts Division,
General Research and Reference Division, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division, Moving Image and Recorded Sound Division, and Photographs and Prints Division. [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center"
from the pull-down menu on the right.] The Schomburg is in the process of making many of its resources available in the NYPL Digital Gallery.
- Center for Research Libraries
- CRL is consortium of North American university and independent research libraries that acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents,
foreign dissertations, archives, and other expensive or hard to find materials. As Rutgers is a CRL member, these materials are considered part of Rutgers' collections and can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan. In addition to
the materials listed in their catalog, CRL also supports and provides access to special collections such as ethnic and African-American newspapers; foreign dissertations; literature collections, and drama and theatre collections.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies