Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Newark in the 2007 Economic Census
Newark in the Survey of Business Owners
Employment & Economic Health
- Economy at a Glance: Newark-Union, NJ
- From the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Land Use Element of the Master Plan for the City of Newark: Introduction.
- Prepared by the City of Newark Department of Economic and Housing Development and Philips Preiss Shapiro Associates, Inc., for the Central Planning Board. Newark, 2004.
- Table 3: Employment and Businesses by Year for Major Industrial Sectors 1985 through 1998
- County Business Patterns
- Number of establishments, total payroll, and Mid-March Employment by Industry Classification. Data by county, zip code, and MSA.
- Arts & Economic Prosperity III: The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture Organizations and Their Audiences in the City of Newark, NJ: Summary Findings.
- Americans for the Arts, 2007.
- Part of a economic impact study conducted in 156 U.S. communities and regions.
- Local Employment Dynamics: Worker Inflow/Outflow Report City of Newark
- "Inflow/Outflow Analysis shows the count and characteristics of worker flows into,out of, and within the selected study area." State of New Jersey, Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Go to website for more information.
- Newark, NJ Unemployment Rate
- YCharts' interactive unemployment charts and downloadable data.
- The New Newark: Economic Development Progress, Challenges, and Prospects by Stefan Pryor
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies