Skip to main content
- Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity
- Dinah L. Shelton, editor. Detroit, Macmillan Reference USA, 2005. 3 volumes.
- More than 350 signed, entries relating to crimes against humanity. Each entry includes a brief, selected bibliography. Emphasis on 19th and 20th century events, but also includes articles on earlier events. Appendix includes historical, international, and judicial primary documents.
- The Oxford Handbook of Genocide Studies
- Donald Bloxham and A. Dirk Moses, editors. New York, Oxford University Press, 2010. Available?
- A. Dirk Moses, editor. New York, Routledge, 2010. 6 volumes.
- v.1: The discipline of genocide studies; v.2: Genocide before modernity; v.3: Colonial and imperial genocides; v.4: Twentieth century imperial genocides: The Soviet Union and Nazi Germany; v.5: Post-colonial and imperial-genocide; v.6: Humanitarian intervention: The prosecution of genocide, trauma and recovery. Available?
- Yale Genocide Studies Program
- The Genocide Studies Program at Yale University's MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies conducts research, seminars and conferences on comparative, interdisciplinary, and policy issues relating to the phenomenon of genocide. The GSP also maintains research projects on those catastrophes, on the Nazi Holocaust, the genocides in Bosnia and Darfur, and on colonial and indigenous genocides.
- University of Minnesota Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- The Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies (CHGS) is an academic research institution at the University of Minnesota, dedicated to educating all sectors of society about the Holocaust and other genocides. Virtual exhibits, video and audio files, and a classified bibliography relating to the Holocaust and Genocide.
- Montreal Institute for Genocide and Human Rights
- Canada’s leading research and advocacy Institute for genocide and mass atrocity crimes prevention. Bibliographies; links to papers, and archival collections.
- Resources on 20th Century Genocides
- Collections of resources on specific 20th century genocides. From Prevent Genocide International.
- Forgotten Genocides
- Case studies on instances of mass extermination and cultural obliteration that have been more or less forgotten. From the Rutgers University Newark Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies