Skip to main content
Foreign Government Reports
- Human Rights Reports
- "The annual Country Reports on Human Rights Practices – the Human Rights Reports – cover internationally recognized individual, civil, political, and worker rights, as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international agreements." From the U.S. Department of State.
- Trafficking in Persons Reports
- "Places each country onto one of three tiers based on the extent of their governments’ efforts to comply with the “minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking” found in Section 108 of the TVPA." U.S. Department of State reports.
- International Religious Freedom Reports
- The annual State Department report to Congress describes the status of religious freedom in every country.
- Human Rights Priority Country Reports
- Part of the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office Human Rights and Democracy Reports. Summarizes the human rights situation in each country, including any recommendations from the Foreign Affairs Committee and NGOs.
- Universal Periodic Reviews
- Under the auspices of the U.N. Human Rights Council, the Universal Periodic Review provides the opportunity for each State to declare what actions they have taken to improve the human rights situations in their countries and to fulfil their human rights obligations.
- U.N. Member States: On the Record
- Selected official documents reflecting the views of UN member countries, including statements made before the principal UN bodies; draft resolutions sponsored; and reports submitted on Human Rights conventions.
- African Commission on Human and People's Rights: State Reports
- "In accordance with Article 62 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights, States Parties to the Charter are required to submit every two years, a report on the legislative or other measures taken, with a view to giving effect to the rights and freedoms recognised and guaranteed by the Charter."
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies