Skip to main content
Need a different database?
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
- 1991- Database of full-text working papers, research reports, conference proceedings, policy briefs, and journal articles relating to international affairs. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Homeland Security Digital Library
- Compendium of materials from federal, state, local, and international governmental departments and agencies, academic institutions, think tanks, conference sites, non-governmental organizations, institutes and organizations and other credible entities." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- Includes AGRICOLA, the bibliographic database from the National Agricultural Library, as well as the Environmental Science and Pollution Management database.
- Women's Studies International
- 1972- Women's Studies International is the most comprehensive index to women's studies resources. Incorporates citations from Women Studies Abstracts, Women's Studies Bibliography Database, and the Women's Studies Database, among others. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Contemporary Women's Issues
- Full-text access to global information on women found in journals, research reports, newspapers, pamphlets, and fact sheets. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Religion and Philosophy
- ATLA Religion Database
- 1949- . Index to 650 journals representing all the major religious faiths, as well as some 14,000 multi-authored works, relating to Biblical studies, world religions, Church history and religious perspectives on social issues. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Philosopher's Index
- 1940- Index to over 480 journals worldwide, as well as books, relating to social and political philosophy and concepts, the philosophy of law, the philosophy of religion, etc. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociologial Abstracts
- 1963- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Family and Society Studies Worldwide
- 1970- Index to literature on the family and family-related subjects drawn from a wide range of social science disciplines. Indexes books, journals, conference papers, government reports, and working papers. Rutgers-restricted Access
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies