- International Governmental Organizations
Alphabetical list of IGOs with links to their primary web sites. From the Library at Northwestern University.
IGOs Focusing on Human Rights
- African Commission on Human and People's Rights: State Reports
- "In accordance with Article 62 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights, States Parties to the Charter are required to submit every two years, a report on the legislative or other measures taken, with a view to giving effect to the rights and freedoms recognised and guaranteed by the Charter."
- Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
- "The IACHR is a principal and autonomous organ of the Organization of American States (“OAS”) whose mission is to promote and protect human rights in the American hemisphere." IACHR publishes periodic reports on human rights in OAS Member Countries, as well as Thematic Reports.
- OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
- Part of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europes, ODIHR is active throughout Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia and North America. The Office promotes "democratic elections, respect for human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law."
The United Nations
- United Nations Digital Library
- UN documents, voting data, speeches, maps, and open access publications including Multilingual versions of UN documents (1993-present); UN resolutions (1946-present); Security Council documents (1946-present); General Assembly Supplements (1946-present); UN open access publications in the Library collection; Selected Economic Commission, Human Rights Bodies, Programs & Funds and other UN entity documentation; and Citations (non digital) records for selected documents (1979-present).
- UNBISnet: United Nations Bibliographic Information System
UN and other documents and publications indexed by the UN Dag
Hammarskjold Library in New York and the UN Library in Geneva. Full
coverage from 1979 but many older titles continue to be added. Many
links to full-text documents. You can also search voting records for
all resolutions adopted by the General Assembly (1983- ) and the
Security Council (1946- ), and for speeches (1983- ) made in the
General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social
Council, and the Trusteeship Council.
Database indexing UN documents (General Assembly, Security Council,
Economic and Social Council, Trusteeship Council, Secretariat, and the
International Court of Justice) and publications back to 1946, with
links to some full text documents.
Also indexes articles in UN periodicals. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Official Document System of the United Nations
Full text search of documents issued since 1993; resolutions of all principal organs & Security Council plenary documents since 1946. Older documents are added regularly. Includes the Daily Journals of New York and Geneva.
- UN Wire
Archive as well daily email briefing (free) of news about the UN and about international affairs.
- Human Rights by Country
- From the United Nations Office of the HIgh Commissioner for Human Rights. In addition to the Periodic Reports, includes reports of country and observer visits.
- UN News Centre: Human Rights
- Breaking news from the UN News Service.
Association of Southeast Nations
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations [ASEAN]
- Regional IGO consisting of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Phillipines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Bodies include the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights [AICHR].
- Topics of the European Union
- Topics link to relevant bodies, laws and documents.
- OECD iLibrary
Online library of statistical databases, books, and periodicals from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Focuses on the OECD's thirty member countries, although information relating to the some 70 other countries and non-governmental organizations with whom the OECD has an active relationship is also available. Rutgers-restricted Access
- OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises: Human Rights. 
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
In addition to recent news, opinion and analysis, speeches, etc., site includes an
eLibrary of topical publications, reference works, speeches and articles, and updates on current activities. Official Texts
includes documents relating to the antecedents of the Alliance, juridical texts and format agreements (1949-1997), and key policy
- Open Knowledge Repository
- The official open access repository for research outputs and knowledge products from the World Bank. Includes books, reports, working papers, technical papers, articles, and other research output, including all World Development Reports (WDRs) plus recent WDR background papers.