Skip to main content
Citation and Writing Tools
RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography and database manager that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Import references from many electronic databases
- Include citations while you write your paper
- Build a bibliography according to different stylesheets (APA, MLA, etc.)
- Create a bibliography in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)
Rutgers updated to RefWorks 3 in 2017. For more detailed information on logging into Refworks for the first time, or for updating to RefWorks 3, see this illustrated guide
Other Writing/Citing Tools
Other Digital Tools and Activities
Rutgers Digital Humanities Initiative
Digital Tools from CHNM
- Omeka is "a web publishing platform for museums, historical societies, scholars, enthusiasts, and educators. Omeka provides cultural institutions and individuals with easy-to-use software for publishing collections and creating attractive, standards-based, interoperable online exhibits."
- Tropy: "a software tool that allows researchers to collect and organize the digital photographs that they take in their research, add information to those photos individually or in bulk, using customizable templates, and export both photographs and associated information to other platforms.