Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Target Populations: The Mentally Disabled
- "A Short History of the Treatment of Persons With Mental Retardation,"
- David Goode. IN "And Now Let's
Build a Better World": The Story of the Association for the Help of Retarded Children, New York City 1948-1998. New York, AHRC, 1998. Chapter 1, pp.6-17.
- Disability History Museum
- "Our collections - Documents and Visual Stills - are associated with the cultural and social history of people with disabilities across the lifespan and diagnosis categories. The records here illuminate everyday practices, dominant ideologies, and alternative perspectives...Most, but not all, of the Collections' records were produced in the United States from 1800 to the present."
- Excerpt from
"Committee Report: Stimulating Public Interest in the Feeble-Minded,"
- E. R. Johnstone. Proceedings of National Conference Charities and Correction 1916, 205-215.
- "The Surgical Treatment of Habitual Criminals, Imbeciles, Perverts, Paupers, Morons, Epileptics, and Degenerates,"
- Albert J. Ochsner. Annals of Surgery 82(3), September 1925, 321-325.
- The Presidential Address delivered before the American Surgical Association, May 4, 1925.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies