Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Target Populations: Hispanics/Latinos
- Latino Encyclopedia.
- Richard and Rafael Chabran, editors. New York, Marshall Cavendish, 1996. 6 vols.
- More than 1900 entries ranging from several paragraphs to signed full-length articles with annotated bibliographies
relating to the Latino experience in the United States. Available?
- Latinos in the United States: A Historical Bibliography.
- Albert Camarillo (ed.), Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-Clio, 1986. Available?
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
- "A New Look at the Hispanic Population of the United States in 1910",
- Myron P. Gutmann. Historical Methods 32(1), Winter 1999, 5-19. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- The Racialization of Mexican Americans and Puerto Ricans" 1890s-1930s
- Victor M. Rodriguez Dominguez. Centro Journal 17(1), Spring 2005, 71-105. Rutgers-restricted Access
- "From Exclusion to Expulsion: Mexicans and Tuberculosis in Los Angeles, 1914-1940,"
- Bulletin of the History of Medicine 77(4), 2003, 823-849.
- "The identification of tuberculosis with Mexicans during the 1920s...figured prominently in efforts to restrict their immigration in the 1920s, and in the deportation and repatriation drives of the 1930s." Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Mexican Americans and Repatriation
- Robert R. McKay. From the Handbook of Texas Online.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies