Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Target Populations: LGBTQ
- Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender History in America
- Marc Stein. New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2004. 3 vols.
- Includes entries on people, public policy, economics, social issues, identities, and culture, among many others.Rutgers-restricted Access
- Gay American History: Lesbians and Gay Men in the U.S.A.: A Documentary History
- Jonathan Katz. Revised edition. New York, Meridian, 1992. Available?
- Search for articles, photographs, news accounts, etc., by time period; or browse essays on people, places, and subjects. Includes documents and bibliographies.
- Long Before Stonewall: Histories on Same-Sex Sexuality in Early America
- Thomas A. Foster. New York University Press, 2007. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Gender and Sexuality: Medical Opinion on Homosexuality, 1900-1950
- Karin A. Martin. Gender & Society 7(2), June 1993, pp. 246-260. Rutgers-restricted Access
- 'Boys, of Course, Cannot be Raped': Age, Homosexuality and the Redefinition of Sexual Violence in New York City, 1880-1955
- Stephen Robertson. Gender & History 18(2), August 2006, pp. 357-379. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies