Policies for the Use of the McDonnell Room
The McDonnell Room was furnished with money from the McDonnell bequest for the support of the Medieval Studies Program. The room is not available for other purposes while classes are scheduled to meet there.
Any instructors who have reserved the room for class-meeting purposes can unlock the door by applying their Rutgers id card to the box to the left of the door.
- The primary use of the McDonnell Room is for classes in Medieval Studies or those taught by faculty affiliated with the Medieval Studies Program. When it is not reserved for classes, library faculty and staff may schedule meetings in the room but should help keep it neat and presentable for its primary purpose.
- The room has a desktop computer with Internet access connected to an 80-inch flat screen that is easily visible throughout the room.
- McDonnell is an Alexander Library sublocation in the online catalog for selected Medieval Studies books that support its instructional activities. These include reference books, books from Professor McDonnell's personal collection, and heavily illustrated materials, including facsimiles of books of hours and other manuscripts. Most of these books are also available at other locations, but library users are welcome to consult them whenever the room is not in use by asking at the Circulation Desk.
- All materials are to be used within the McDonnell Room. Photocopying is not permitted.
- Please leave any items to be re-shelved on the table near the door.
- Instructors who wish to reserve the McDonnell Room for classes in Medieval Studies should contact Jim Niessen, email@example.com. Please note that the room has only 12 seats
(Instructions for full-time staff only)
- For those wishing to consult books housed in the room, verify that it is not being used by checking Bookroom. Professors using the room for classroom-meeting purposes will be able to access the room with their id card after reserving the room with Jim Niessen.
- Any problems with the materials in the room should be referred to Jim Niessen (Alexander Library Office Suite, first floor) at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/6/02jpn, revised 1/31/2006jpn/sb, 2/29/16 jpn, 8/29/17 jpn