Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The New York Times
- Create a personal account for full access to NYTimes.com and The New York Times app through the Rutgers Libraries. Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Wall Street Journal
- Create a personal account for full access to the daily Wall Street Journal through the Rutgers Libraries. Rutgers-restricted Access
The Press Then and Now
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Combined Search
- Search and display the full image of articles published in six historical newspapers: the Chicago Defender (1910-1975), the New York Times (1851- three years prior to the current year), the Philadelphia Inquirer (November 7, 1860 – December 31, 2001), the Pittsburgh Gazette (August 29, 1786 – December 31, 2003), the Wall Street Journal (1889-1999), and the Washington Post(1877-2000). Rutgers-restricted Access
- Nineteenth Century U.S. Newspapers
- Full-text database of 500 newspapers published between 1800 and 1900. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Latin American Newspapers
- This collection contains scanned images of historical newspapers from North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Australian Newspapers: 1803-1954
- More than forty titles hosted by the Australian National Library. Articles are searchable by keyword, date, and selected categories.
- Historical Jewish Press
- Search 35 Jewish newspapers published in the 19th and 20th centuries in various countries. Most newspapers in Hebrew, although other languages are included. Includes the Palestine Post, 1932 to 1950.
- Popular Newspapers During World War II
- Microfilm edition of five British newspapers reproduced in their entirety for the period 1939 to 1945. Covers: Daily Express (London); Daily Mirror (London); News of the World (London); People (London); and the Sunday Express (London). Chronological arrangement; (ALEXANDER M/Film 2717). Guide. (ALEXANDER, CAMDEN REF PN 5118 .P66 guide)
Contemporary Accounts: U.S. Media
- Access World News
- Access to the full text of over 600 U.S. and over 700 international newspapers. Includes the Newark Star-Ledger back to 1989.Rutgers-restricted Access
- "News" portion indexes the full text of many newspapers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- A vast archive which includes the full-text of 8,000 leading newspapers, magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and television and radio transcripts, including the current New York Times and Wall Street Journal. Ten to twenty year+ backfile for many titles. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Contemporary Accounts: Non-U.S. Media
- Al Jazeera English
- The highly respected English-language news and current affairs channel based in Qatar.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies