Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
Anthropology and Related Areas
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Anthropology Plus
- Worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works, and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies. Nineteenth century to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- PsycINFO 1840-
- Comprehensive index to the the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, and education. Covers some 2000 journals, as well as book chapters and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access
Political Science, Public Policy and International Affairs
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. [Included in Proquest Social Sciences Premium Collection above]. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. [Included in Proquest Social Sciences Premium Collection above]. Rutgers-restricted Access
- RAMBI: Index to Articles on Jewish Studies
- Index to selective articles relating to Jewish studies and Israel. From the Jewish National and University Library. 1966- Rutgers-restricted Access
- United Nations Digital Library System
- UN and other documents and publications indexed by the UN Dag Hammarskjold Library in New York and the UN Library in Geneva. Security Council Plenary Documents; General Assembly Official Records; Economic and Social Council Official Records; and the Trusteeship Council Official Records all digitized back to 1946. Also contains the UN Statistical Yearbooks (1948-2017), and the Yearbook on Human Rights (1946-1988). Not all records in the database have digital files attached; some results include Library-created metadata such as voting information for resolutions adopted by the General Assembly and Security Council, and citations to speeches made in the principal organs.
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of more than 2000 important scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies