Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To find books and other materials on U.S. public opinion on Muslims, Arabs, Islam, or the Middle East, search The Catalog using SUBJECT keywords:
A compilation of over 500,000 questions from public opinion polls from
1935 to the present. Limited to polls of the U.S. population at the
Polling the Nations
"A compilation of the full-text of the questions and responses from over 14,000 national, state and
local surveys conducted since 1986 by some 700 polling organizations in the United States and eighty other countries."
Off-Campus Link Restricted Access
Pew Research Center Survey Reports
Formerly the Times Mirror Center for People and the Press, the Pew
Research Center studies attitudes toward the press, politics and public
policy issues. Reports back to 1987 available.
Confidence in U.S. Foreign Policy Index
Produced in collaboration with the journal Foreign Affairs, this index is designed to track public opinion about international relations.
How Others See Us
- The Great Divide: How Westerners and Muslims View Each Other
- A 13-nation Pew Global Attitudes Survey. June 22, 2006.
- Global Perspectives on the United States: Issues and Ideas Shaping International Relations
- David Levinson and Karen Christensen, editors. Great Barrington, Mass., Berkshire Pub. Group, 2007.
- A valuable resource for background on the forces shaping foreign opinion on the U.S. 95 articles with brief bibliographies.
- Ref. E895 .G564 2007
- Global Perspectives on the United States: A Nation by Nation Survey
- 140 articles arranged by country or region of the world, on views concerning the United States, its government, people, politics, and culture.
- Ref. E895 .G56 2007
- The Decline in America's Reputation: Why?
- United States Congress. House Committee on Foreign Affairs. Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights, and Oversight. Washington DC, June 11, 2008.
- Subcommittee report based on a series of 10 hearings.
- Introduction: America's Image
- Excerpt from America Against the World: How We Are Different and Why We Are Disliked. Andrew Kohut and Bruce Stokes. A Pew Global Attitudes Project. Henry Holt and Co., 2007. Limited Preview of this title available via Google Books.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies