Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- American Economic Association Directory of Members
- This online directory covers current members of the AEA. The database is searchable by name, and entries include research interests as classified by the JEL system.
- All Prize Winners in Economics
- Autobiographies of the receipients of the Bank of Sweden Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, from the Nobel Foundation website.
- Biographical Listing of Members (supplement to American Economic Review). American Economic Association. Every four years. (ALEXANDER, DANA Periodicals)
- Presents academic and employment history as well as area of research for members. Includes indexes by field and academic affiliation.
- Biographical Dictionary of Dissenting Economists. Philip Arestis and Malcolm Sawyer, eds. Edward Elgar, 1992. (ALEXANDER, DANA REF HB 76 .B5)
- Includes economists often identified as post-Keynesian, Marxian and neo-Marxian, or otherwise not proponents of neoclassical economics.
- Biographical Dictionary of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. Bernard S. Katz. Greenwood Press, 1991. (ALEXANDER HG 2563 .B46; DANA REF HG 2563 .B46)
- Provides lengthy biographical profiles of all governors of the Board from its formation in 1913 to 1991. Entries include bibliographies.
- Biographical Directory of the Council of Economic Advisers. Robert Sobel and Bernard S. Katz, eds. Greenwood Press, 1988. (ALEXANDER HC 102.5 .A2 C68; DANA REF HC 102.5 .A2 C68)
- Lengthy biographies of members of the CEA which was created in 1945 to advise the President on matters of the economy.
- Dead Economists Society
- This site has links to biographies and information about many prominent economists from the past.
- Directory of Organizations and Individuals Professional Engaged in Governmental Research and Related Activities. Governmental Research Association, annual. (DANA REF JK 3 .G62)
- The "related activities" include budgeting and finance, economics, law, public policy, and taxation.
- Members of the Board of Governors
- Biographies of the members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences Winners
- The profiles here link to other sites with information about each Nobel Prize winner.
- Who's Who in Economics. 3d ed. Mark Blaug, ed. Edward Elgar, 1999. (ALEXANDER REF HB 76 .W47); Who's Who in Economics: A Biographical Dictionary of Major Economists 1700-1986. 2d ed. Mark Blaug, ed. MIT Press, 1986. (DANA REF HB 76 .W47; ALEXANDER, CARR HB 76 .W47); Who's Who in Economics: A Biographical Dictionary of Major Economists 1700-1981. Mark Blaug and Paul Sturges, eds. MIT Press, 1983. (CAMDEN REF HB 76 .W48; ALEXANDER, DANA HB 76 .W48)
- Brief biographies and a list of publications for major economists. Indexed by country and by field of interest.