Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Factiva has three different ways to search: Simple, Search Form and Free Text. Click on the above tabs to see examples for each and to learn more.
What is Factiva?
Factiva is an archive of over 32,000 major global newspapers, newswires, industry publications, magazines, reports and other sources. Although its focus is business news, it can be used to locate information on a variety of topics, including politics, current events, trends and government data.
Rutgers University Libraries has an academic subscription to Factiva, which includes the following features:
- Search: Search the full text of 14,000 leading business newspapers, magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and television and radio transcripts, including:
- National, international and regional newspapers - (e.g. The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Times, El Pais, The Financial Times, The Guardian)
- Magazines, journals and trade publications (e.g., Forbes, Newsweek, The Economist)
- Newswires (e.g., AFP, Reuters, Dow Jones)
- TV and radio podcasts (e.g., BBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC)
- News Pages: Browse the headlines, text and sections of major magazines and newspapers worldwide.
- Companies/Markets: Find company profiles, news articles and press releases, corporate financials, and current and historical equity stock quotes and market indices.
- NOTE: A small percentage of sources as well as the Alerts feature are not available to academic libraries.
- Rutgers is limited to 100 simultaneous users of this database.
What can you do with Factiva?
- Get stock quotes
- Track political news
- Find company profiles
- Locate country information
- Curate data for a SWOT analysis
- Read editorials from major news sources
- Obtain industry-specific data from trade publications
- Access full text articles from The Wall Street Journal & The New York Times
ProQuest Research Guide
Research guide from ProQuest including search tips, sample searches and coverage list
Factiva for News
Recorded session on how to search Factiva for current news. At the prompt type SnRMJPr3 for the password.
Searching Factiva and WSJ Online