Skip to main content
Need a Different Database?
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes the major public policy/political science databases PAIS International and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Full-text coverage of more than 280 titles plus citation coverage for many more. Many major journals searchable back to early 1900s. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Until fairly recently, this index was based on materials found in the Criminal Justice Collection located in the Rutgers Center for Law and Justice in Newark, and remains the most complete catalog for that collection. Rutgers-restricted Access
Gender and Sexuality
- Women's Studies International
- 1972- Women's Studies International is the most comprehensive index to women's studies resources. Incorporates citations from Women Studies Abstracts, Women's Studies Bibliography Database, and the Women's Studies Database, among others. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- 1970- Indexes articles relating to women and gender, including gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues. Includes non-mainstream publications. Rutgers-restricted Access
- LGBT Life with Full Text
- LGBT Life It includes the full text of more than 140 journals and more than 150 books and reference materials, as well as indexing and abstracts for over 600 additional publications. Rutgers-restricted Access.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies