Skip to main content
use historical newspapers to find out how issues and events were
reported during a specific time in history.
The Press Then and Now
Contemporary Accounts: U.S. Media
- Access World News
- Access to the full text of over 600 U.S. and over 700 international newspapers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Westlaw Campus Research
- "News" portion indexes the full text of many newspapers.Rutgers-restricted Access
- A vast archive which includes the full-text of 8,000 leading newspapers(including the New York Times), magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and television and radio transcripts. Ten to twenty year+ backfile for many titles. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical New York Times
- Allows you to search and display the full image of articles published in the New York Times back to 1851. The two+ most recent years are not included, use Factiva.Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Washington Post
- Search and display the full image of articles published in the Washington Post between 1877 and 1993. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Latin American Newspapers
- This collection contains scanned images of historical newspapers from North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Rutgers-restricted Access
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies