Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need a Different Database?
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Criminal Justice Abstracts
Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Until very recently, this index was based on materials found in the Criminal Justice Collection located in the Rutgers Center for Law and Justice in Newark, and remains the most complete catalog for that collection. Rutgers-restricted Access
- ERIC - Educational Resources Information Center
- The premier resource for educational research, the ERIC database contains more than one million abstracts covering research documents, journal articles, technical reports, program descriptions and evaluations, and curricular materials in the field of education. 1966+ Rutgers-restricted Access
- ProQuest Education Journals
- Index to more than 900 scholarly journals in the field of Education, along with trade journals and magazines. Approximately 600 titles are available full-text. Rutgers-restricted Access
Gender and Sexuality
- 1970- Indexes articles relating to women and gender, including gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues. Includes non-mainstream publications. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Women's Studies International
- 1972- Women's Studies International is the most comprehensive index to women's studies resources. Incorporates citations from Women Studies Abstracts, Women's Studies Bibliography Database, and the Women's Studies Database, among others. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of more than 2000 important scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies