Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Flute Player. San Francisco, Over the Moon Productions, 2003. "Documentary about the life and work of Cambodian genocide survivor, Arn Chorn-Pond. Shows his attempts to bring Cambodia's once outlawed traditional music back to the Cambodian people." Available?
Duhozanye - We Who Comfort Each Other. Streaming video, 2011. "Duhozanye is the first film about the genocide in Rwanda which explains how racial theories lead to the attempted extinction of an entire lineage. Fertile women and children were targeted. If a hutu woman was married to a tutsi man, all her children and her husband were killed before her eyes." Rutgers-restricted Access
Memoirs and Testimonies
- Testimonies of Survivors and Eyewitnesses to Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity
- Testimonies from different times and events.
- Speaking Out About Genocide: The Voices of Survivors, Upstanders, and Experts
- "This exhibit explores the history and reality of genocide through the voices of the people effected. Survivors describe, sometimes in graphic detail, their lives before, during, and after genocide." From the University of South Florida Libraries.
The Jewish Holocaust
- Visual History Archive (VHA)
- The USC Shoah Foundation Institute's Visual History Archive contains nearly 52,000 video testimonies in 32 languages (without subtitles) from 56 countries. The Institute interviewed Jewish survivors (49,400 out of the total) and other persons with experience of the Holocaust. Each interview consists of a single witness speaking about his or her life before, during, and after World War II. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies
- The Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies is a collection of over 4,400 videotaped interviews with witnesses and survivors of the Holocaust. Part of Yale University's department of Manuscripts and Archives.
- University of Minnesota Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies: Videos
- Digitized versions of video of local Holocaust survivors, American concentration camp liberators, as well as testimonies by second generation Armenians and various lectures that took place at the University of Minnesota and other academic and community institutions.
- University of Minnesota Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies: Audios
- Audio file transfers from cassette recordings of Holocaust survivors and American Concentration camp liberators with connections to Minnesota.
- Children of Cambodia's Killing Fields: Memoirs by Survivors
- Dith Pran, compiler. New Haven, Conn., Yale University Press, 1997. Available?
- First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers.
- Loung Ung. New York, Perennail, 2001. Availalbe?
- Heaven Becomes Hell: A Survivor's Story of Life Under the Khmer Rouge.
- Ly Y. New Haven, Conn., Yale Un iversity, 2000. Available?
- When Broken Glass Floats: Growing Up Under the Khmer Rouge: A Memoir
- Chanrithy Him. New York, Norton, 2000. Available?
- Digital Archive of Cambodian Holocaust Survivors: Survivors Stories
- Ten oral histories.
- Khmer Oral History Project
- 15 members of Minnesota's Khmer immigrant community were interviewed on videotape about their experiences during the years of the genocide in Cambodia, their experiences in refugee camps, and their emigration to the United States. Each interview includes a transcript, available in English and Khmer as appropriate.
- Life Laid Bare: The Survivors in Rwanda Speak
- Jean Hatzfeld. New York, Other Press, 2006. Available?
- We Cannot Forget: Interviews with Survivors of the 1994 Genocide in Rwanda
- Samuel Totten and Rafiki Ubaldo, editors. New Brunswick, NJ, Rutgers University Press, 2011. Available?
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies