Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Looking for a full-length biography of someone? Search The Catalog using the person's name (last name, first name) as your search term and select "SUBJECT Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
If you're looking for works for which that person is responsible for most of the content (an autobiography; photographs; news reports; etc.) search as above, but now select "AUTHOR Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
Abu Ghraib Prison
- The Torture Papers: The Road to Abu Ghraib
- Karen J. Greenberg and Joshua L. Dratel, editors. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- A collection of documents. Available?
- Final Report of the Independent Panel to Review DoD Detention Operations
- Arlington, VA, Department of Defense, 2004.
- The "Schlesinger Report."
- Tortured: When Good Soldiers Do Bad Things
- Justine Sharrock. Hoboken, N.J., Wiley, 2010. Available?
- Fear Up Harsh: An Army Interrogator's Dark Journey Through Iraq
- Tony Lagouranis. New York, NY, NAL Caliber, 2007. Available?
- The Trials of Abu Ghraib: An Expert Witness Account of Shame and Honor
- Stjepan Gabriel Mestrovic. Boulder, Colorado, Paradigm Publishers, 2007. Available?
- Ghosts of Abu Ghraib
- DVD, 2007. "Interviews with perpetrators, witnesses, and victims examining the abuses that occurred in the fall of 2003 at the notorious Iraqi prison. Probes the psychology of how typical American men and women came to commit these atrocious acts. " Available?
- Standard Operating Procedure
- DVD, 2008. "This documentary investigates the story and causes behind the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. Available?
- The Torture Question
- DVD, 2005. "The program focuses on the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq as a case study in prisoner abuse." Availble?
- Court-Martial: Specialist Charles A. Graner, Jr.
- "This document is the Court Martial - charge and prosecution package for Specialist Charles A. Graner, Jr. of the 372nd Military Police Company. SPC Graner was a key figure in the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal and this document contains the charges; arrest report; defense motions; government reply; the verbatim transcript of the Article 32 Hearing; and other items of evidence and pre-trial preparation."
- Twilight of Impunity: The War Crimes Trial of Slobodan Milosevic
- Judith Armatta. Durham, NC, Duke University Press, 2010. Available?
- The International Criminal Court and the Balkan Crisis: The Capture and Indictment of Slobodan Milosevic
- Muriel E. Kroplinski. Ph.D Thesis. Rutgers University, 2007. Rutgers-restricted Access Available?
- The Defense Speaks: For History and the Future: Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic's Opening Defense Statement Before the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) at The Hague, August 31-September 1, 2004.
- New York, International Action Center, 2006. Available?
- Milosevic: A Biography
- Adam LeBor. New Haven, Yale University Press, 2004. Available?
- Serbian Dreambook: National Imaginary in the Time of Milsosevic
- Marko Zivkovic. Bloomington, Indiana University Press, 2011. Available?
The Cambodian Holocaust
- The Master of Confessions: The Making of a Khmer Rouge Torturer
- Thierry Cruvellier. New York, Ecco, 2014. Available?
- Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia: Video Archive.
- Includes videos of Kaing Guek Eav's statements of apology.
- Compilation of Statement of Apology Made by Kaing Guck Eav alias Duch During the Proceedings.
- Transcripts of statements made between March 2009 and March 2011.
- Kaing Guek Eav's Final Written Submission
- November 11, 2009.
- Final Statement from Kaing Guek Eav alias Duch 30 Mar 2011.
- Video. Duch's 25 minute final statement to the Supreme Court Chamber, appealing his 35 year sentence imposed on July 26, 2010.
- Duch: Master of the Forges of Hell. 2011.
- DVD. " A horrifying in-depth interview with Duch, who candidly talks about his ascension in the Khmer Rouge party, and his involvement in the mass murder of his fellow Cambodians." Available?
- Finding Comrade Duch.
- London, SW Pictures Ltd., 2009. Streaming video.
- Kaing Guek Eav
- Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia site. Includes decisions, documents, transcripts, press realeases, and videos relating to Duch's trial.
- Victim Participation and the Trial of Duch at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia
- Phuong N. Pham et al. Journal of Human Rights Practice 3(3), 2011, pp.264-287.
- "In this study, we interviewed all 75 civil parties residing in Cambodia, including those who had ultimately been denied civil party status at the conclusion of the trial in Case 001. The objective was to learn about their experiences in participating in the ECCC proceedings."
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- News, status of cases, documents, transcripts of proceedings, etc.
- Machete Season: The Killers in Rwanda Speak: A Report
- Jean Hatzfeld. New York, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2005. Available?
- The Prosecutor v. Edouard Karemera, Mathieu Ngirumpatse, and Joseph Nzirorera. Amended Indictment of 24 August 2005
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda. Case No., ICTR-98-44-I.
- We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families: Stories From Rwanda
- Philip Gourevitch. New York, Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 1998. Available?
- My Neighbor, My Killer.
- Streaming video, 2009. "A film of the Gacaca Tribunals, open-air hearings with citizen-judges meant to try their neighbors and rebuild the nation. As part of this experiment in reconciliation, confessed genocide killers were sent home from prison, while traumatized survivors were asked to forgive them and resume living side-by-side." Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies