Skip to main content
Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity.
Dinah L. Shelton, editor. Detroit, Macmillan Reference USA, 2005. More than 350 signed, entries relating to crimes against humanity. Each entry includes a brief, selected bibliography. Emphasis on 19th and 20th century events, but also includes articles on earlier events. Appendix includes historical, international, and judicial primary documents.
- Behavioral Study of Obedience
- Stanley Milgram. Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 67(4), October 1963, pp.371-378 Rutgers-restricted Access
- Becoming Evil: How Ordinary People Commit Genocide and Mass Killing
- James Waller. 2nd edition. New York,l Oxford University Press, 2007. Available?
- The Psychology of Genocide: Perpetrators, Bystanders, and Rescuers
- Steven K. Baum. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2008. Available?
- Why Did They Kill?: Cambodia in the Shadow of Genocide
- Alexander Laban Hinton. Berkeley, University of California Press, 2005. Available?
- Yale Genocide Studies Program
- The Genocide Studies Program at Yale University's MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies conducts research, seminars and conferences on comparative, interdisciplinary, and policy issues relating to the phenomenon of genocide. The GSP also maintains research projects on those catastrophes, on the Nazi Holocaust, the genocides in Bosnia and Darfur, and on colonial and indigenous genocides.
- University of Minnesota Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- The Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies (CHGS) is an academic research institution at the University of Minnesota, dedicated to educating all sectors of society about the Holocaust and other genocides. Virtual exhibits, video and audio files, and a classified bibliography relating to the Holocaust and Genocide.
- Montreal Institute for Genocide and Human Rights
- Canada’s leading research and advocacy Institute for genocide and mass atrocity crimes prevention. Bibliographies; links to papers, and archival collections.
- Resources on 20th Century Genocides
- Collections of resources on specific 20th century genocides. From Prevent Genocide International.
- Forgotten Genocides
- Case studies on instances of mass extermination and cultural obliteration that have been more or less forgotten. From the Rutgers University Newark Center for the Study of Genocide and Human Rights.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies